Sexual Harassment & Bully Prevention Training to Protects Your Organization
Sexual harasment/Bully prevention training is recommended for all businesses to help reduce potential liability and claims. California businesses with 50+ employees are required to provide a minimum of two hours of sexual harassment and bully prevention training for supervisors (AB 1825 & AB 2053) every two years. New supervisors are required to have sexual harassment training within six months.
We offer live either onsite or via webinar, engaging sexual harassment/bully prevention training and for supervisors or staff in either English or Spanish. Onsite traininng is available in Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside and San Diego Counties. We recommend live,interactive training to assure that your supervisors / managers understand the seriousness of sexual harassment and bullying in the workplace, plus their potential personal liability.
Join one of our many clients, Lionsgate Entertainment,a leading global movie and television entertainment company) and call today to schedule your on-site AB1825 / AB2053 sexual harassment /anti-bully workplace prevention training.
During the past several years, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) closed 7,256 sexual harassment and bullying claims nationwide that resulted in over $44 million in fines and lawsuit settlements. Last year there were over 30,000 employee complaints filed in California alone!
In a recent survey, 27% of Americans reported that they have suffered abusive conduct or discrimination while at work. How do we stop this epidemic of workplace harassment, bullying and employee discrimination?
Social scientist Dr. Eden King gave her professional recommendation that the best type of instruction is: "Training which is live, rather than done on a computer … and includes role-playing that puts the trainee in the place of a stigmatized co-worker, when combined with specific goal setting by a mentor or supervisor, can have the greatest effect."
Educate Your Employees to Build a Safe, Violence Free Workplace Environment
By conducting on-site or webinar sexual harassment, discrimination and anti-bully workplace prevention for your supervisors or employees, the training will reduce employee mistreatment and workplace harassment in your organization. What's more, you'll be poised to grow a business where your employees are proud to work, while significantly reducing your liability in the area of harassment, discrimination and bullying.
On-site and webinar sexual harassment / anti-bullying prevention training classes are offered in English and Spanish and available for your staff (non-supervisors) employees. Your training will include:
- Training classes for both supervisors and staff (non-supervisors).
- Training led by a certified instructor, either via a webinar or at your location, in Orange, Los Angeles, Riverside, or San Diego counties.
- Focus on knowledge and prevention of sexual harassment and anti-bullying prevention rather than simply memorizing answers in order to pass a test. Class content meets or exceeds the CA required sexual harassment & anti-bully training requirements (AB1825 & AB2053)
- Group discussions - based on your needs, concerns and employee mix.
- Active participation of attendees consistently throughout the program. No stopping a DVD to return days or weeks later.
- Actual harassment case studies used to demonstrate California's legal right to hold supervisors personally responsible for workplace harassment and employee discrimination damages. Plus, how supervisors can avoid known pitfalls for not reacting to workplace harassment / discrimination.
Our sexual harassment / anti-bully prevention training for supervisors and executives includes:
- Workplace Discrimination and Harassment defined and discussed with actual examples.
- What are the "Protected classes" under California and federal law.
- How does Vicarious and Strict Liability apply to employers and supervisors.
- The practical handling of sexual harassment claims filed by males or females; employees or vendors.
- What is Quid Pro Quo harassment?
- Tips and role playing to properly address and investigate a harassment or discrimination claim.
All businesses with five or more employees in California must develop written anti-discrimination and harassment policies in accordance with new FEHA regulations, and provide each employee the Department of Fair Employment & Housing (DFEH) sexual harassment brochure 185.
In addition to developing the new harassment policies, employers must prove they disseminated their anti-discrimination and harassment policies to their employees. If you workforce is comprised of 10% or more of non-native English speaking employees, the anti-discrimination and harassment policies must be issues in those languages.
To learn more about this regulation, review our article, "Are You Prepared for the New FEHA regulations"
eqHR provides onsite, professional HR consulting and training to all size business located in Orange, Los Angeles, Riverside and San Diego counties.
If your company needs to fulfill its California AB1825 / AB2053 legal requirement or has a specific concern, contact us today for a free quote for sexual harassment, bully prevention or other types of employee or management training. We'll help you reach compliance while building or maintaining a work place environment designed around trust, respect and safety.
AB 1825 and AB 2053 requires mandatory sexual harassment / anti-bullying training for supervisor every two (2) years for businesses with 50+ employees. Investing in live training is far superior to watching an on-line video.